The other day I was reading about a mother's excitement over her daughter's language acquisition. It had me thinking back and remembering how that felt for us. My son is now 12 and has amazing expressive language – it took a long time, and we know how fortunate we are. Social language and processing are ongoing challenges, but really that is to be expected. When H was very small he had his own words for a many things. This idiosynchratic use of l … Read More
- On the ABLEISM of Participation Marks
- Counting… The Day of Mourning and the Disability Clothesline
- Toward the River: A Poem of Hope
- Electronic Resources: Arizona TASH 2018
- When Someone Drinks your Mountain Dew: A Video Short by H
- Fabulous Fringes: A Short Film by Alex Kronstein
- The Neurotypical Wife: Welcome to Las Vegas
- The Teacher’s Kid – It’s not what you think…
- In this house – and outside too!
- I am intermittence…
- Self-Care is Resistance!!
- In this house…
- Behavior Plan For Parents of Newly Diagnosed Autistic Children
- Love more loudly…
- 291,545 hits