A few weeks back I was working with a group of educators from Simon Fraser University who are completing a graduate diploma in Supporting Diverse Learners (SDL). I was explaining that we need to build a social ramp for our students om the Autism spectrum, but that instead of building it with wood or steel, we need to build this ramp with social thinking and cognition strategies and our own modeling of acceptance and understanding. Just telling a child/young … Read More
- On the ABLEISM of Participation Marks
- Counting… The Day of Mourning and the Disability Clothesline
- Toward the River: A Poem of Hope
- Electronic Resources: Arizona TASH 2018
- When Someone Drinks your Mountain Dew: A Video Short by H
- Fabulous Fringes: A Short Film by Alex Kronstein
- The Neurotypical Wife: Welcome to Las Vegas
- The Teacher’s Kid – It’s not what you think…
- In this house – and outside too!
- I am intermittence…
- Self-Care is Resistance!!
- In this house…
- Behavior Plan For Parents of Newly Diagnosed Autistic Children
- Love more loudly…
- 283,545 hits