A few weeks back I was working with a group of educators from Simon Fraser University who are completing a graduate diploma in Supporting Diverse Learners (SDL). I was explaining that we need to build a social ramp for our students om the Autism spectrum, but that instead of building it with wood or steel, we need to build this ramp with social thinking and cognition strategies and our own modeling of acceptance and understanding. Just telling a child/young … Read More
- In this house – and outside too!
- I am intermittence…
- Self-Care is Resistance!!
- In this house…
- Behavior Plan For Parents of Newly Diagnosed Autistic Children
- Love more loudly…
- Autistics Present: A Symposium on Autistic Culture, Identity and Transition
- Hell’s Gate and The Pumpkin Toss
- You, yes you, need Autistic friends
- Proud to be Myself: An Autistic Person on Garry’s Mod
- 256,726 hits
Click here to purchase the award winning film Vectors of Autism