Please visit the change.org Petition to the Corporate Sponsors of Autism Speaks.
Please sign and share widely, along with the other the links at the bottom of this post.
Please feel free to share and use the images in this post to support this project, and note I have included a template for the comparison images to help others understand why we are standing against Autism Speaks.
Please, if you haven’t yet, take the time to read this letter written by co-founder of Autism Speaks, Suzanne Wright, Autism Speaks to Washington – A Call for Action. (Trigger warning – I’d suggest you consider of reading this hateful link when young children/teens are away from the screen)
* Find out more about Boycott Autism Speaks: http://boycottautismspeaks.com/home.html
* The Autism Women’s Network (Amy Sequenzia): http://autismwomensnetwork.org/article/corporate-supporters-autism-speaks
*ASAN (Autistic Self Advocacy Network): http://autisticadvocacy.org/2013/11/2013-joint-letter-to-the-sponsors-of-autism-speaks/
*Emma’s Hope Book: Ariane Zurcher http://emmashopebook.com/2013/12/06/autism-speaks-and-signal-boosting/
And on a final note, my daughter Nika recently asked me: “Mom, which Autism Organizations should I support?” Here is the list for those of you who might be wondering the same… Let’s encourage the corporate sponsors of AS to shift their funding to one of these:
- The Autistic Self Advocacy Network (autisticadvocacy.org)
- Autism Women’s Network (autismwomensnetwork.org)
- Ollibean (ollibean.com)
- TASH (tash.org)
- The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism (thinkingautismguide.com)
- ADAPT (adapt.org)
- Dan Marino Foundation (danmarinofoundation.org)
- Autism Society (autism-society.org)
- National Council on Independent Living (ncil.org)
30 Days of Autism is a project designed to fight stigma, promote civil rights, and increase understanding and acceptance for those who process and experience the world differently.
©Leah Kelley, Thirty Days of Autism (2013)